Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2011

Donde esta el sol?

New day. Still cloudy. The sun never seems to shine in Lima.

Took a taxi to central Lima to check the Plaza Mayor or Plaza de Armas (one of those exists in every city here as it seems) and watched the guard change at the governement palace. It would drive me crazy if I had to walk so slow!


I decided to save money for the taxi and the bus and walk back to my hostel in Miraflores, mainly because of security reasons (though the buses are so cheap here, pricewise and qualitywise) ... it turned out to be a security issue ... to because of getting robbed in a dodgy area but because of the fumes I inhaled on the plus 90 mins walk along one of the main streets.

After a coffee and some dinner I went back to the hostel and got myself another taxi to the "Cruz del Sur" Bus station.

By the time of writing I am ON the bus to Arequipa (yes, internet on the bus, you got to love them).

Bye bye Lima.

Keine Kommentare: