Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2011

Esta aqui!

I woke up on the bus and the first thing I saw when I looked out the window was the Pacific. How nice.

The Panamericana is a very nice but very dangerous road. I thing I saw vultures sitting by the road!

I found the sun. I almost always shines in Arequipa. I heard i only rains for a few days in December/January ...
It's very dry as you may have guessed.

Intiwawa welcomed me very nicely and I got a nice room and there are loads of nice volunteers here.

I had my first day today and it was very hard. I hardly understood the kids. And it was very dusty.
It was a very long day as well. I left the house at 6.40 AM and came back some 12 hours later. First job is minding kids in Kindergarten, then a 2hrs break and the taking care of kids making their homework ... kinda like this.
I also have a quite stuffed nose and headaches ...
We are celebrating Jana's (one of the founders) birthday today ...
tbc

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Estas alli! I can't believe it! Your schedule seems to be pretty hard but I'm sure you will learn a lot of Spanish. I see that you have taken lots of cool pics. How long are you going to volunteer? Have you been out at night? How hot is there?
Al Pacino and I miss you a lot :)