Sonntag, 19. Juni 2011

From Cuenca (Ecuador) to Lima (Peru) with the bus

I finally made it to Lima after a long and interesting bus ride.
The quality of the busses improved with any connection. The first one was quite adventurous and we were passing some beautiful landscapes and went along some crazy roads (between Cuenca and Pasaje)- steep to my side of the bus! I will upload a video to YouTube, I think. This was from Cuenca to Huaquillas at the border to Peru. It was really hot and dry there.

After doing the immigration process I went on to Piura, Peru. On the Panamericana.

As I didn't know if I could get the connection with Cruz del Sur (Bus company) the rest of the day was open. I reached Piura at 18.30h and the bus was 19.30h but from a different part of the town unfortunately. I also needed Peruvian money. The taxi driver was driving like crazy, and I really mean C-R-A-Z-Y. ... but we made it. And the I had the most comfortable bus ride ever, with Cruz del Sur. I thought I was on a plane. Big one!!!
Lima ... Sunday ... I need to relax .... and have a shower.

2 nights in Lima ahead of me in the and bus ride to Arequipa booked for the 21st at 21.00h, A 15hrs busride again ... with Cruz del Sur, por supuesto!

Keine Kommentare: