Sonntag, 28. August 2011

Paraguay

I took a bus over night to Clorinda at the border to Paraguay from where we (me and 2 french friends - Bruno and Sebastian - that were traveling with Christian - the Swiss - before) took a taxi to do the immigration (taxidriver claimed it was 12 km but it seemed very close) and a bus to Asuncion from there, which is quite close.
The bus broke down on the way but the driver was able to fix it. Great guy. :-)
Asuncion is not very much as I expected it to be. First it is Sunday and very quiet. Second ... it is not really nice. Some buildings are run down and ugly. In some places you have nice buildings with ghetto-like areas next to it, e.g. sheds next to the governmental palace. Strange! There is not much to see.
I think it was a good decision to stay only for the night, as I booked 2 nights online but decided at the bus stop to get a ticket to Ciudad del Este for tomorrow. Wise!

Keine Kommentare: