Mittwoch, 17. August 2011

Potosi

I finally made it to Potosi, the highest (big) city in the world with ca. 4000 masl and it used to be one of the biggest cities in the world in the early 17th century, because of the silver in the mines.
Some claim that nearly 8 Mio died in them, mostly slaves. Just for the sake of the silver.

I went (of course) to see the mines. I went with The Real Deal as the guides are Ex-Miners.
They still work in the mines to get silver, copper and tin etc.
It was a great experience!

I stayed in a more or less nice Hostel called Casa de Huespedes. Was OK, but why to they let people in my dorm at 1 AM (!) when I am asleep, while there are many other empty dorms? ... of course the 2 girls switched on the lights and made a lot of noise. Best thing: when they finally lay in bed, the one girl asked the other to move around more slowly as the whole bed shakes. Hello?? And then, why all the fuzz when they leave again at 7AM. Why do they have to unpack almost all of their backpacks??? Sometimes I hate hostels, or people without respect. But, thank god, there are different people, like the guy from Colorado in La Paz who even was sorry about his shoes making some noise on the floor ;-)

I took a srubby bus at 10 AM to Uyuni. Nice landscape on the way!
Staying at Pierdra Blanca. Seems to be nice.

Voy a ver!

Keine Kommentare: