Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2011

Buenos Aires -

Day 3 – Friday, 7th

Walking around Puerto Madero. At 4.30 h pick up for the football World Cup 2014 qualifier Argentina vs Chile in Stadium of River Plate. Argentina won 4:1, but the stadium was only 2/3 to ¾ full.

The best was the “organized” tour. We got a pick-up from the hostel with a nice bus. Later the guide said we would soon get a beer and a pizza, but only 5 mins later he admitted that there is only the beer. No pizza. Another 5 mins later he said we should finish the (0,5 l) beer as we are almost there. We then went with the people from the other bus to the Southeast corner (more or less) of the stdium. The guides checked the situation and came to the conclusion that we had to go elsewhere. We went 2 blocks south, 2 west and 2 north to reach a point where we passed security to find out 5 mins later that we were not right. So our guides lead us further north along the west flank of the stadium, passing 2-3 more entrances that also were not right. Finally, having made it to the north side - a ¾ circle around the stadium – our guides lead us back to the entrance we should have gone straight away: the southeast. What a nice tour around the stadium for 30 mins.

Later on the bus they said they would invite us for a free beer at a bar in San Telmo for the inconvenience. Just a couple of us went, somehow the guides didn’t … hmm, at least a free pint.

In the bar I was chatting with 2 young german travelers who were at the game as well when suddenly a drunk guy approached us and told us hehad german blood. He asked us 5-6 times what a sentence meant that his grandfather used to tell him. “Never forget this: ‘Ich bin ein echter Bayer’!” … “What means: ‘Ik bine aine eckte Baia’?” … I think his granddad was one of the nazis who came after WW2.

He then wanted to show us his tattoo on the lower back, saying it was ok, he was proud of it and it had no nazi-symbols or so … it turned out to be a huge german tank from WW2. What a freak.

Ich bin ein echter Bayer! … or did he say “Geier”?

Day 4 – Saturday, 8th

I took the Subte (Metro of BA) to Palermo and went for a walk to the Malba Museum which exhibited some great Latin American art.

From there I made it to Recoleta to see a market and the legendary cemetery, where – amongst others - Evita’s grave is. Weird to have a cemetery as a tourist attraction. :-/

And again at night: Pints at the hostel bar. By the way, the beer on tap (rare in South America) is Isenbeck – but an argentine version.

Day 5 – Sunday, 9th

Nothing special. Went to the market in San Telmo and later along the shopping street of Avenida Florida to by a Rugby Jersey of the Pumas for a friend. Took me some time to find the right size of XXL.

And, guess what, Pints at the bar at night. Serious?

Day 6 – Monday, 10th – last day in BA

Went to the bus station to find out where the shuttles to the airport depart from, and when. It is good to remember, when you have asked for the directions, if the guy said left or right … saves you from walking around hopelessly.

Idea: Subte to Station for 1,10 Pesos and shuttle for 55 Pesos – better than 130 Pesos for a taxi from the hostel.

After finding the station for the shuttles I went to walk around Palermo and have a coffee. Nice area. If I lived in BA I’d choose Palermo.

Yes, night program didn’t change. Somehow I never checked the night scene of BA. I am just not a disco fan. Staying up all night to party then sleep all day … I want to see the city and not lie in bed.

Well, I should have tried at least once ;-)

Day 7 – Tuesday, 11th – flight

Plan with the metro failed. At 7.15h it is packed from front to the back. 3 trains passed leaving me and my backpacks outside. I decided to take a Taxi to the shuttle station which cost me 20 pesos … not too bad and still way cheaper that the straight taxi to the airport.

At the airport I wanted to exchange some money and somehow the last Spanish I spoke was in that bank asking the woman why they would need to know what city I live in … to change Pesos to Real … she already had my passport. I told her to write Berlin as I wasn’t in the mood for spelling my town in Spanish. Why the hell do they need a passport for changing bills?

Rio, here I come!!!

Keine Kommentare: