Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2011

Tierra del Fuego

After making a night stop in Punta Arenas at the Strait of Magellan, where I stayed at the Hostal Fin del Mundo, I took a bus at 8.30 h to got to Ushuaia (ARG) on Tierra del Fuego.

Punta Arenas:
the city is OK, but hadn't much to do but walk along the Strait of Magellan, which I really enjoyed. The hostel was strange, very unpersonal. I booked it ahead over Hostelworld but when I got there the landlady didn't know anything but had free spaces. The breakfast was included but without any love. I was prepared and put on place the night before. No one there. Compared to the nights before, where some actually MADE the bf for you. ...
I also did a lot of planing and booking for the remainder of my trip. Now that the end is nigh I need to narrow my plans: Ushuaia until the 5th, flight to BA, and then? How to get to Brazil.
My initial plan: BA to Florianópolis, stop at the brazilian Oktoberfest in the german settlement Blumenau, bus to Rio, Rio for the beaches, bus to Sao Paulo, gone. But the busrides are (in order) 25h, 18h, 6h .... buff. So, after checking the net I made new plans: skip Oktoberfest and fly to Rio directly. That saves so much time and is just a wee bit more expensive.

So. Today I had the busride to Ushuaia. Just reached the hostel Cruz del Sur. First impression: not so impressive. Vamos a ver ... oder vamos a wewer!
The busride was from Punta Arenas to Rio Grande, crossing the border and taking a ferry to tierra del fuego. From Rio Grande there should have been a normal bus to Ushuaia but only 2 minibuses came, with no storage for the bags. It was all a bit chaotic, because we had a stop in between and needed to take more passengers but the bgas were taking all space. And we had a flat tire ... haha. Again. Shortly before 21 h I reached the hostel.
Here I am. Let's see how to spend 2 full days here.




... and yes. Same as with Mount Fitz Roy, I could NOT see the Torres Del Paine. Too cloudy again. :-(

Keine Kommentare: