Freitag, 14. Oktober 2011

Rio de Janeiro Day 4

Weather forecast for today was rain, so I send a nice and beautiful postcard to the weather department and, see, it was nice this morning of Friday, 14th. Today I am exactly travelling for 4 months.
So I thought I do some of the stuff I need a good view for: Cristo statue. I took a bus to the cable car thingy and had to wait there for 1 hour to catch the next train. The bus was half an hour, and the train took some 20 mins or so. A long time to get up. But there where, of course, so many people up there that I just took my pictures and went down again, only some 20 mins later. So, again, waiting, but only 30 mins and the train down. From there I took a bus towards the Sugar Loaf. Waiting for ages, at least it felt like very long. I was supposed to take a 2nd bus but I was already quite close and I don't mind a good walk. It wasn't too long. The cable car up the Loaf has 2 stations, it stops at a hill before it. As it was possible to hike up the hill, I did so. It was very nice I saw some cool monkeys and no ape-descendants :-)
I then took a cable car to the last stop on the actual Loaf. Again, loads of people. So, photos and back quick and hike back down.

Night at the hostel.

Keine Kommentare: