Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2011

Rio de Janeiro Day 1

Ipanema!

Wow, I reached Rio by plane and took a shuttle bus to Ipanema which took actually 2 hrs and it was dark when I got there. Sunsets here at 18 h at the moment.
I booked 2 hostels here because the one I wanted did not have 6 consecutive nights free. So I booked 2 nights in the LightHouse (they did not have 6 nights free a well) and the 4 nights in The Mango Tree. I just extended it to 5 nights, so I will be leaving to Sao Paulo on 18th, stay there for 2 nights. Thats it.

Pizza was what I craved for. So, me being tired of walking around looking for a cheap Restaurant, took the first one around the corner. 15/16€ for a Ham Pizza. Ok, I thought it must be a great and delicious one. I ordered Pizza and a beer. The beer, of course, was on the table in 2 mins, but the Pizza only 2-3 mins after. I don't know how they did it, but they managed to burn the edge of the pizza in just 5 mins. How? ... and it was not worth the money. I thought a full restaurant menas good food but the pizza was shit!

Later we (7 guys from the hostel, which, by the way, only has space for 12) went to a Samba Bar which they told us would be 20 Reals (ca 8€) entrance and between 22 and 23 hrs free Caipirinhas! We thought we would get well filled in 2 hours but once we got there it was only 1 free (and crappy) one and still 20 Reals entrance. What a rip-off! ;-)

Keine Kommentare: