Freitag, 23. September 2011

almost 34 hours on the bus

finally I made it Puerto Madryn.
I started 22.09. at 9.30 h in Santiago, went to Chile (with another 1-1,5 h at the border, had to wait 2,5 hrs for the next bus to PM, which I reached on 23.09. at 19.30 h.
I was not as bad as expected, though.

But service is sometimes rare. Both trips were with Andesmar and were not cheap. Buses have a toilet on board which only takes liquids. Thats what they say. The bus terminals are quite big in big cities and they host loads of companies that offer all different destinations. So, normally you check their routes and ask for times and prices.
So, I had to stay 2,5 hours at the terminal, as I didn't want to pay for the luggage room (I was too cheap) and there was only one locker left which was gone by the time I change some notes for coin which are rare in Argentina!
So, I satyed and had a coffee. Shortly before I had to take the bus I enquired at Andesmar for the next journey from Puero Madryn. Another one of 90-100€. Shortly after I asked if they could be so kind to mind my big backpack while I visit the bathroom. "No". I begged, "Please, I have 2 journeys today, both with you". - "no, not possible, leave it at the luggage room" --- "It's 12 pesos, a price for the whole day, just 5 mins please." - "No, we can't" (they had loads of space) ... "Please, I am traveling since 9.30 h this morning and I am taking the next Andesmar bus in 30 mins. Just 5 mins" --- She tuned away and paid no more attention to me. I just "thanked" for the non existing service, got my stuff, went to the bathroom with all my backpacks and booked the next journey with another company. Thats how it goes. Starts with little things. Nothing against the busrides, but not with me ;-)

Keine Kommentare: