Dienstag, 13. September 2011

Back in Chile

reaced Valparaíso yesterday at 5 PM.
I had picked the hostel Casa Bella, as it was quite close to the bus-stop, walkable. Most bus terminals on my trip had been quite far from the centre or any good hostel, so this is always good, if you can walk. I booked at single room which has a reasonable price. So, I am having some quiet nights as the 2 nights in Mendoza I was in a 2-bed dorm alone.
The Casa Bella is very nice. And they have the cutest puppy ever. Unbelievably cute!! I have to steal it and take it home! They serve a yummy breakfast and have very nice rooms.

Valpo's quite nice with its u-formed coast.
I actually went the same route as in the Alta Montana Tour, just without stopping for lunch and getting off the bus at scenic places ... hmm, had I known, I could have saved some money ... but knows before ;-)

In Valpo, as they call Valparaíso, I went for a little walk before it got dark (remember it's winter here and gets dark earlier).
Today I first booked my bus from Santiago to Puerto Varas, yes, even though I am not in Santiago yet, but there will be some national celebrations at the weekend and buses seem already fully booked on many routes, even for Thursday. I decided to saty 2 nights in Valpo, 1 night longer than expected and therefore shorten my stay in Santiago. I don't want to see another big city and another Plaza Independencia or Plaza de Armas ... so, 1 night should be enough. I will go there tomorrow morning. It should be 2-2,5 hrs by bus from here. Then I have some time tomorrow and almost the whole Thursday until the bus leaves at night. Enough time to do a city tour from the Plaza de Armas ;-)

I went around Valpo today, uo the hills and through the little streets. At a certain point I passed a streetdog, ... remember, I got bitten by one in Perú, ... and it strated following me. It turned out to be a nice dog looking for company and it picked me. It was being my mate for at least 30 mins. I then went down some stairs and I must have left its area, or it was another dog's hood, a ferocious, mean dog ... or so ... it then looked at me to say goodbye, as dogs normally don't wave when they go.
It left me a bit sad.

Keine Kommentare: