Donnerstag, 8. September 2011

Córdoba, Argentina

I reached Córdoba yesterday at 16.30 hrs, checked buses for the next stop Mendoza and went straight to my Hostal Che Salguero thinking I may stay for 1 night (although 2 nights booked) and go to Mendoza the next night.
The hostel is quite nice. The girl at the reception is from Austria. I found out that they offer some tours, e.g. to Alta Gracia and La Cumbrecita which I then chose for today. So, I do stay 2 nights.

Alta Gracia is a nice little town where Che Guevara lived at an age of 4 to 15 yrs. His family moved there from Rosario because of Ernesto's asthma problems. The area around here is very dry. It hasn't rained for weeks and they are praying for wetness from above.
After that we went on to La Cumbrecita, a very nice little Alpine-style village which was founded by Germans and looks a bit like villages from Germany's south or Tirol. I had Spätzle with Goulash for lunch.
And some nice local beer called Berg Bräu. I was spending the time there with Andrea, Sarah and Henning from Germany, and Jacqueline from Hawaii. We had a great time in that cute little place.

...

The nlast day in Córdoba I just spent walking around the town center and I was done quite early, and was just lingering around.
I took the bus at 22.00 h - semi cama, because it was way cheaper, but never again. It is to small to sleep when you have a neighbour. I switched over to the next 2 seats, I checked that there were no blankets and pillows, so I thought, there wouldn't be people coming at the next stops ... actually I thought there wouldn't be any next stops, because it was already after 0.30 h or later ... but, as soon as I tugged myself in ... Bus-stop, people entering, seats WERE taken, blankets handed out later ... So, back to the tiny space.

I reached Mendoza by 8.00 h

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Gracias por el album de fotos de Rosario. He recibido tu postal desde La Paz, tu español es perfecto!!!
Ich mag es! :).
I'll give your kisses to both Marcos and Al Pacino...Keep enjoying and try to get a work permission so you can stay in Rosario forever and ever.
Glad to see you're having a good time :).
wir vermissen dich.