Dienstag, 6. September 2011

Rosario, Argentina

I took a bus at 7.30 PM to Rosario which I reache at 4.30 AM. Quite early, quite tired.
But the border control was the smoothest I head yet. Not getting off the bus, scanning all luggage, filling papers, nada. Just hand out the passport and get the 2 stamps: leaving Uruguay, entering Argentina.
I had a coffee and a (kind of) croissant and took a bus to the hostel: Che Pampas.
I looked for a spot close to it to ask the busdriver to drop me off there: Plaza de 25 de Mayo it was. But it must be 2 small although it was on the Lonely Planet map. But people are so nice here, while I was on the bus, as we all thought it would go close there, people came up with their ideas, which plaza it may be. :-)

I will stay only for tonight and I spend the day - after a short nap (luckily my bed was free at 6 AM already!) - walking along the beautiful riverside during this beautiful sunny late winter day!
I could have gone for another run, seeing all the locals doing so.
Rosario gets the label: I could live here! ... evern more than Montevideo, as the neighbourhoods are nicer. In Montevideo you can't go to most areas, at least where I stayed, at night and on your own. Rosario seems better.
Beautiful town!!!
I also went to see the house where Che Guevara was born. Lionel Messi was born here as well, but his birthplace is not yet a spot to yaunt.

Tomorrow: bus to Córdoba ... because Germany just smashed Austria in the Qualifiers ;-)

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Rosario was were I was living during my short and lovelye 3 months in Argentina. I miss it so much and it's true that the locals are amazingly friendly. The city is stunning and there's plenty to do on it (far from what you can do in Cork). What about the food? Simply yummy!. Say hello to Rosario for me I'll send regards to Al Pacino from uncle Joerg.
P.D: Have you seen the house were the Che Guevara was born in Rosario?.