Dienstag, 27. September 2011

El Calafate

I got on the bus at something around 18.15 h and the bus left some 80-90 mins late.
Nevertheless I reached my destination Rio Gallegos in Southern Patagonia and were just able to jump on the 12 o'clock bus to El Calafate, which took me there in 5 h. Straight to my nice Hostel International Point up the hill to enjoy a fantastic view.
So, it was another 24 h journey, but OK. I got here. And El Calafate is reallybeautiful. I just LOVE Argentina.
I booked the hostel for 2 nights and got me a tour to the glacier El Porito Moreno for actually "today". It was breath-taking. I have seen a glacier in New Zealand but this one is better. Same story as with the whale watching. Just better here!
Yesterday I went to have another great steak. First time I discovered "table fee" or so. So, I gave less tip, because I thought this was some kind of that.

For tomorrow I booked a full-day trip to El Chalten with return to El Calafate at around 21h.
The day after, that'll be Thursday I bought a ticket to Puerto Natales which is in Chile. I also got me a flight from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires on Oct. 5th.
So, as you can see. a lot of planning to be done. My journey will come to an end soon and I have to get to Sao Paulo on Oct 20th.
So, a couple of days in BA and then, depending on the buses/planes, off to Florianapolis and then Rio, or straight to Rio before heading to Sao Paulo for the final flight.

Keine Kommentare: